Marriage, Family & Friends, Relationships, Children
- What is your concept of marriage?
- Have you been married before? What are you expectations of marriage?
- Why have you chosen me as a potential spouse?
- What is your understanding of a Krsna Conscious marriage?
- What is your understanding of the role of the husband?
- What is your understanding/desire for the role of your wife?
- After marriage, do you think that you are one to express romantic feelings verbally?
- After marriage, do you think that you want to express affection in public?
- When there is a dispute in a marriage, religious or otherwise, how should the conflict get resolved?
- When do you think it is appropriate to initiate mediation in marriage?
- If there are members of my family that are not devotees, that are of a different race or culture, what type of relationship do you want to have with them?
- If you have a Guru, what should be his/her role in the marriage?
- What is your approach to sexual relationship and intimacy in the marriage?
- What is your relationship with your family?
- What do you expect your relationship with the family of your spouse to be?
- What do you expect your spouse’s relationship with your family to be?
- Is there anyone in your family living with you now?
- Are you planning to have anyone in your family live with you in the future?
- If, for any reason, my relationship with your family turns sour, what should be done?
- Who are your friends? (Identify at least three.)
- How did you get to know them?
- Why are they your friends?
- What do you like most about them?
- What will your relationship with them after marriage be?
- Do you have friends of the opposite sex?
- What is the level of your relationship with them now?
- What will be the level of your relationship with them after marriage?
- What type of relationship do you want your spouse to have with your friends?
- What is your opinion of speaking other languages in home that I do not understand? (with friends or family)
- How do you express your admiration for someone that you know now?
- How do you express your feelings to someone who has done a favor for you?
- Do you like to write your feelings?
- If you wrong someone, how do you apologize?
- If someone has wronged you, how do you want (s)he to apologize to you?
- How much time passes before you can forgive someone?
- Do you use foul language at home? In public? With family?
- Do your friends use foul language?
- Does your family use foul language?
- How do you express anger?
- How do you expect your spouse to express anger?
- What do you do when you are angry?
- Define mental, verbal, emotional and physical abuse.
- What would you do if you felt that you had been abused?
- Who would you call for assistance if you were being abused?
- Do you want to have children? If not, how come?
- To the best of your understanding, are you able to have children?
- Do you want to have children in the first two years of marriage? If not, when?
- Do you believe in abortion?
- Do you have children now?
- What is your relationship with your children now?
- What is your relationship with their other parent?
- What relationship do you expect your spouse to have with your children and their parent?
- What is the best method(s) of raising children?
- What is the best method(s) of disciplining children?
- How were you raised?
- How were you disciplined?
- Do you believe in spanking children?
- Under what circumstances?
- Do you believe in public school for your children?
- Do you believe in Krsna conscious school for your children?
- Do you believe in home schooling for your children?
- What type of relationship should your children have with non-devotee classmates/friends?
- Would you send your children to visit their extended family if they lived in another state or country?
- What type of relationship do you want your children to have with all their grandparents?
Goals, Religion, Entertainment & Leisure, Health, Finances
- What are your goals in life? (long and short term)
- Identify three things that you want to accomplish in the near future.
- Identify three things that you want to accomplish, long term.
- How do you make important and less important decisions in your life?
- When setting goals, how do you decide individual vs. partnership goals?RELIGION
- What is the role of religion in your life now?
- Are you a spiritual person?
- What are you expecting of your spouse, religiously?
- When trying to balance material and spiritual life, which would you give importance to?
- What is your relationship between yourself and the devotee community in your area?
- Are you volunteering in any devotional activities?
ENTERTAINMENT & LEISURE
- What are the things that you do in your free time?
- Do you love to have guests in your home for entertainment?
- What are you expecting from your spouse when your friends come to the house?
- What is your idea of a clean house?
- Do you travel?
- How do you spend your vacations?
- How do you think your spouse should spend vacations?
- Do you read?
- What do you read?
- Do you suffer from any chronic disease or condition?
- Are you willing to take a physical exam by a physician before marriage?
- What is your understanding of proper health and nutrition?
- How do you support your own health and nutrition?
- Are you particular about taking only Allopathic/Ayurvedic/Herbal medicine?
- Is it alright to eat outside food [not cooked at home- such as at restaurants, air travel] or only in emergencies?FINANCES
- What is your definition of wealth?
- How do you spend money?
- How do you save money?
- How do you think that your use of money will change after marriage?
- Do you have any debts now? If so, how are you making progress to eliminate them?
- Do you use credit cards?
- Do you support the idea of taking loans to buy a new home?
- What are you expecting from your spouse financially?
- What is your financial responsibility in the marriage?
- What are your views on tithing/regular donations to the temple?
- Do you support the idea of a working wife?
- If so, how do you think a dual-income family should manage funds?
- Do you currently use a budget to manage your finances?
- Who are the people to whom you are financially responsible?
- Do you support the idea of utilizing baby sitters and/or maids?
From Vaisnava Family Resources