Sandhya Aroti by Bhaktivinoda Thakura
1) All glories to the beautiful aroti
Ceremony of Gauracand.
It’s taking place on the banks of the Ganges
And attracting everyone.
2) On the Lord’s right is Nitaicand,
On His left is Sri Gadadhara.
Nearby stands Sri Advaita,
And Srinivas holds an umbrella.
3) Lord Caitanaya is seated on
A throne made of beautiful gems.
And Lord Brahma performs the arati
With all the demigods helping him.
4) Narahari and other devotees
Fan the Lord with camaras,
Sanjaya, Mukunda and Vasu
Gosh sweetly sing kirtana
5) Conchshells, bells, and karatals sound,
And mridungas are played sweetly.
The kirtana is so blissful
It’s like nectar to hear and see.
6) The brilliance of the Lord’s face
Conquers millions and millions of moons.
And His beautiful garland
Shines like mountains of glowing jewels.
7) Lord Shiva, Suka, and Narada
Are choking in ecstasy.
Thus Bhaktivinod envisions
Lord Caitanya’s glories.