Goals You Can Have for Your Japa
- Apply techniques and attitudes in your daily japa that enable you to become more absorbed in your chanting.
- Gain a greater taste for chanting so that japa becomes what you want to do rather than what you have to do.
- Have deeper and more profound experiences with the holy name on a consistent basis.
- Gain a greater appreciation for the holy name and its central importance in the practice of bhakti.
- Create an internal resistance to chanting poor japa and thus demand a higher standard of chanting from yourself.
- Experience that “there is nothing but the holy name in all the fourteen worlds.”
- Organize your life and priorities in a way that supports good japa.
- Create a mindset (and thus a habit) of consistently improving your japa throughout your life.